Away with the Fairies

Monday, July 24, 2006

Gowns, Donkeys and Pranks

This picture filled post is in three parts, which I have ordered to get progressively less serious!

Part 1

They begin with my Graduation Ceremony from Leeds University. It was the hottest day England has ever known- and I was sentenced to wear a heavy, dark cloak. The only thing that prevented me from 'accidentally' stepping back too far and sinking into the deliciously cool pool, was that I had three layers of mascara on and didn't want my brother to take 'to-bribe-later' photos of me looking like the love child of a panda and a soggy over-sized bat.



With mum


With big bro


With yummy drewbear


With chiefdad

Part 2
Following my Graduation, Drew and I visited the quaint little seaside town Scarborough (aka geriatric-ville) with my parents. 'Twas most charming!


My mum sewing in a hole in the sand

Drew and Mum, wishing they could be part of the OAP ice-cream club...
Whispering secrets that only donkeys find interesting


Hee haw! I would ride these donkeys when I was a wee lass on holiday. It is amazing what glee a child derives from plodding on such a dumb and docile (albeit cute!) creature ten paces up a beach. I would have posted picture of my age 5 experience, but I was riding Lady Godiva style- and I have being warned by my often-worrying mother to be 'careful of cyber- weirdos who might be reading your blog'. Well maybe the next couple of pictures will scare any creeps away...

Part 3

One of the Props I had to locate for the theatre company I work for was a severed head (Bunyan's Christian regularly steps into our world and witnesses historical events- including king Charles been decapitated) When the gruesome rubber head arrived in the post I decided that drew was getting spoiled in his mellow marriage, and managed to spring a few pranks upon him- including appearing suddenly around the corner as the poppy eyed giant...


And putting him to sleep on Drew's pillow! Tee hee. My pranking days , on the whole, ended when Hannah and I put our partnership on hold for a few years. But I do like to keep her hilarious spirit alive!

5 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Haha guess what, Beth? My mom was worried about going so "public" as well, though she only mentioned that she herself wouldn't do it.

I'm glad she said something though, because I then decided to delete the directions to my house off my blog and just email them to Ashley instead!

Congratulations on your graduation. I haven't even begun my university journey yet, but hope to in a couple years.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Smash said...

Beth, I am so proud just to know you.
You are a spunky, special, brilliant, dedicated woman and your posts never fail to enrich my day!
xoxo
Ash.
PS. With moving to Vancouver coming up and a wedding to plan for and all that business, I don't know if I'll be able to make it out to Calgs. But that just hurts to think about, because I've been so stoked to see you. I'll keep my eye out for cheap tickets.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Beth!
Ohhhh what a delicious prank, did he freak out?! You are so funny, and I desperately miss my partner in crime at the moment! Congratulations on your graduation, you are standing on the edge of your future....Any decision on your masters degree? I attempted a prank the other night with Amie Dyer and another girl, but it was pretty lame, and we ended up having to clean the boys bathrooms. SO if you have any better ideas, please let me know, I need to redeem our reputation and keep it alive around here! I wish you were here. I am going to sit on our tree tonight, and pray for you. Your childhood sweetheart Brad Reimer is here this week! Beth I think we will be in the same place at the same time in the not too distant future, I just feel like God has more time planned for us to be together, for longer than a visit...perhaps in Africa. Who knows, God does, so that's good enough for me right now! Love you lots, and you're right, you definitely were the originator of the HP Sauce nickname!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Candice said...

You're in Calgary already????!!!!! Where did the time fly to?! I would absolutely LOVE to meet up with you and Drew, but I don't think it's going to happen. The only possible day I have is Sunday, or the 19th/20th. Are you around still then? Kathryn is getting married in Red Deer on the 18th, so I'll be half-way to Calgary that weekend. If you're coming up to Edmonton at all, let me know!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Candice said...

I sent my phone #s to Drew's e-mail. I don't know your e-mail address. Hope you're having fun in Idaho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home