Away with the Fairies

Saturday, May 20, 2006

yummy wood

My beautiful sister sent me an exam survival package from her little mountain home in Colorado. It included cinnamon flavoured toothpicks to 'chew and thoughtfully ponder on facts and figures.'

Which is exactly what I am doing now... Mulling over grandiose concepts that 'determine whether the proletariat will be a spectator or an actor in the making of history.' Ahh soon I can cathartically empty them all out onto my exam paper and do prance about in the summer daisies. Learning is good and all that, but revision makes you forget how to live. Drew is such light relief, even when the biggest cloud is raining over his mind, he can make me laugh so hard I choke on my toothpick.

I can't help eating these things! They are so incredibly tasty. Everything American has 'frills'. I hope my stomach is up to digesting woodchips.

Maybe I am hungry. I will go cook supper, and see if I can then deliberate and reflectively chew like a normal person, without munching poor Mr. Stick to death.

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Smash said...

Beth.
hey there darling. I can't imagine still being in school- they have you run quite the marathon over there, don't they. You are very very cute with your toothpicks. And don't worry for a second about chewing them to smithereens (I imagine that supper didn't stop the problem?) because really, I think that they are made for that. I do it. Anyway, I have always loved the way you tell a story. And like Hannah said, blogs are kind of like hanging out. So I am so happy you're here!
so much love.
xoxo
Ashley.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Beth! Look at you go you cyber geek: pictures and links, I say! Those toothpicks remind me of Eric Kane and Chicago Matt, they would always chew them in classes. When will you ever finish this term? I feel like you have been writing papers FOREVER! What a pair of intellectual boffins you and Drew are. Ohhh I want to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home