Away with the Fairies

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blog it Baby!



Eek! my first step into blogger space!

I have put this off for some time... happily existing vicariously through the blog of my dearest drewpants. However, having finishing my dissertation and essays I have found myself having computer withdrawal symptoms. This is most peculiar, as most of you know I despise the wretched, cold machines. Nevertheless, although I am offically free from writing page after page... my fingers have been nervously twiddling all day. Even in the street. So hopefully this blog will ease me off nice and slowly...

What lies in store for all my blog readers? (if you are out there! haha, this could be an even geekier version of talking to myself) well, I have finished uni, but have one exam to go. It is on the Italian Marxist Antonio Gramsci. It should be fairly easy as most of his work was written in a fascist prison, where not only did he write his random theories and notions in a code language (to get past the censors), but he died before he completed any of his ideas. Thus after translating this stream of consciousness into english, his 'notebooks' are so vague, you can pretty much interperate his work to say what you like, and not get marked down.

My blog is also going to be filled with many dyslexic delights. My apologies. My English/theatre studies teacher got 'hopping mad' at me, and told me to find some stratagies over the summer. I am hopefully starting my MA in Sept. It is called 'Theatre For Development', but I will write no more on this until I get my grades and know I have a place.

Between now and then I am going to get a job, go to Calgary, Milan and Malawi, chill with my drewbear, move churches, and drink lots of tea.

I think I have appeased the nervous typing condition enough, I can go snuggle up to my favourite pillow without drumming my fingers on his head.

How do you end these things? um, goodnight and God bless?

4 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Beth! Welcome to the world of blogging! The cyberspace version of 'hanging out'...very surreal. I liked your first blog, I can see you have a knack for it. I look forward to hearing more from your great mind ;) Is that your room mate Laura that commented? Wow!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger danielle said...

Beth; I like your style. And I also like the idea of cliche police...
Are you still putting out Created? I sure wish I could be part of that.
All for transparent reality.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Candice said...

Why hello to my wonderful adventurous roommate! I'm glad to see you here, and I sure like reading what you write. I know for sure that God made only one of you in the whole world!
I'm hoping to see you in August - keep me posted on your plans and perhaps I can make it down to Calgary.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Bethybu said...

Thankyou sweet ladies- what a fun welcome!

Oh laura! you always had to be the biggest twit! Seriously, I always counted the time it took you to break the silence. your record was 27 seconds.
Thankyou Han & Dan- I could only dream of becoming the accomplished bloggers you two are!
Crikey candice, another me? what a creepy idea. I'm sure she would annoy me. Isn't it cool that God designed unity to be forged through differences?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home