Away with the Fairies

Thursday, May 18, 2006

In-betwixt and in-between

Not here or there, not student nor graduate,
not child nor adult...

Actually the latter is not quite true, I think I am
officially 'grown up', and am quickly losing the ability to be daft and mad with the forgivable excuse of being a tot. Or maybe you are a kid until you have one? (which, incidentally, I have managed to resist for the time being- even though some people actually put bets upon me becoming preggers in our first year of marriage) But either way I feel I am occupying some in-between stage, where I do not really know what I want to do, but have to choose. Thus I can not chillax, as drew loves to call it. Choosing is also not easy, as Drew still has lots of education left, so I can not drag him wherever I want.

The 'mad dogs and Englishmen' in the picture above are demonstrating a passion of mine. A passion I feel comes from God, and will somehow push me to make some decisions of some sort.
The injustice in our global community is intrinsically linked to my spiritual understanding. I get excited when I remember how the Lord's character includes a compassion of the poor, and is an antithesis to greed, as he has the power to transform the systems that are oppressing people. I don't know if most people are 'called' to do something specific, but I reckon that in some way he enables us to manifest his character, and I guess I would like his hunger for a river of justice to be manifested through my 'choices'.

I'll catch my self before I go off into endless thoughtful musings, and get back to some revision. Procrastination is my middle name.

Drew and I have just got back from the library where I picked up a bunch of fusty old journals. But I might go out for a little stroll in the park with hubby-dear before I bury myself in them. It has being raining on and off all week, in true English fashion, so the key is to snatch to moments in-between. Yesterday I went out for my community training (I am in the TIDAL Surge team- ( see www.leedstidal.org/) and it bucketed it down the whole way there. Is there anything harder than trying to be friendly when you have wet underwear?

And on that note, ciao my dear buddies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home